Our 1,201 seat Michael A. Guido Theater provides fanastic staging opportunities with fully updated facilities and magnificent acoustics. We also provide an extensive range of rooms for special occasions. Whether you are looking for a location to run your Show, hold a business presentation, or stage a wedding, The Dearborn Theater space has a world-class facility for you. Not all Theater events are included on our calendar schedule. For a complete schedule, including non-ticketed events, please contact Debbie Brown, Theater Rental Coordinator at 313-943-4467.
Michael A. Guido Theater
Evoking a classic renaissance theatre in a modern environment, our main stage theatre will serve as home to many local arts organizations. With a focus on acoustical and visual properties, the auditorium features beautiful wood and plaster wall panels designed to heighten audience involvement. The auditorium has ample wheelchair seating, elevators to all levels, and an amplified system for the hearing impaired. This 1,201 seat auditorium features the latest lighting and sound systems, and is fully supported by modern scene and costume shops. The theatre is set to support the greatest professional demands while providing a friendly environment for our many local Cultural Arts programs.
Box Office & Administrative OfficeThe Ford Community and Performing Arts Center features a fully computerized box office system, which provides quick service and easy ticket renewals. For the first time, Dearborn Recreation Cultural Arts Programs are able to accept phone registrations and ticket orders. Box Office services will be available to all community organizations.
Facility FactsHouse Information:
- Continental Seating Plan with 4 exits to lobby
- Seating Capacity: 1201: Orchastra pit used as Seating: 30
- Main Floor: 663 fixed seating; plus 32 special needs and associated guest seating; side opening seats located in house
- Balcony: 460 fixed; 12 special needs and associated guest seating; 16 in boxes (2w/approximately 8 freestanding seats)
- Elevator access on 4 levels
- Hearing Impaired System
- Proscenium 38'6" to 50' Width; 28' height
- Depth: 40' 9" Plaster line to back wall
- Wing Space: 20' SR- 25' SL
- Grid Working Height -73'
- Access to stage: Acoustic Panel Door: 14'H X 12'W
- Stage Floor -Black, Fully Sprung Endgrain Southern Yellow Pine -
- No traps or elevators in the floor.
- One star dressing room with lounge furniture located just off stage left -suitable for four-seven people.
- Two chorus dressing rooms are located SL, suitable for up to 30 people each.
- Road Company Production Office is located next to Scene Shop.
- Green Room located off Stage Left- suitable as star dressing room
- All dressing rooms equipped with sinks, showers, mirrors, costume/wardrobe racks
- Single purchase counterweight system with 42 six-line sets (850 lb. capacity) and pin rail
- Full Orchestra Shell
Scene & Costume Shop:
- Located off stage left
Electrical Information - Main Stage Theater:
- Control Board: ETC Obsession II
- 348 Dimmers at 2.4KW Stage, 25 non-dim
- Company connections stage right: 2 - 400 amp, 3 phase, 5 wire; 1 -200 amp, 3 phase, 5 wire
- 3-pin grounded stage connectors
- 3 Xenon Super Troopers
Electrical Information - Studio A & Dome:
- 86 Studio stage, 12 non-dims
- 132 Dome Stage, 18 non-dim
- Both with Obsession II Controllers
- Orchestra pit is curved:
- 32' wide x 86" at maximum length.
- Music stands
- Music stand lights
- Orchestra chairs
- Staging risers
- Pianos: Steinway Concert D, rehearsal piano: t.b.a.
- Orchestral Percussion Equipment
- Genie man-lift
House Sound System:
- Mix Positions: Booth, Backstage, House (row J)
- Three House Clusters w/ sub- woofer
- Quad-amped house w/ dual monitor
- Sound & Video Feeds available between Theatre, Studio, Dome. Dressing Rooms and Green Room